The Bel Air Downtown Alliance has a job opportunity for a Project Coordinator! The Project Coordinator position is a temporary position. The filing deadline is Friday, July 22, 2016 at 4:00pm.
The Bel Air Downtown Alliance is a nonprofit community development organization whose mission is to mobilize stakeholders to invest in Bel Air’s neighborhoods, economy, and quality of life. As a designated Main Street Maryland Community we are committed to fostering economic revitalization and sustainability to downtown Bel Air. We envision Bel Air’s future as a place in which people live, work, and play. We attract and welcome diverse neighborhoods where our parks, schools, and commercial centers are vibrant assets that enrich our quality of life. Our success is based on strong collaborations with our government and economic partners.
The Project Coordinator will facilitate and organize all Standards Basic Recognition (SBR) activities in cooperation with and under the direction of the Executive Director. To learn more about SBR recognition visit https://standardsforexcellence.org. The Project Coordinator is a temporary part-time position consisting of 1000 hours, administered through grant funding for fiscal year 2017. The Project Coordinator will also assist the Marketing Director with event coordination and marketing efforts.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Attend accreditation committee meetings
- Work with the SBR committee to analyze existing operational performances; develop timeline and plan for improvement
- Help facilitate the process; work with volunteers to assign roles and task to accomplish project
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the project team
- Keep Executive Director informed about project status and issues that may impact project timeline
- Coordinate with Executive Director the strategic integration of effective policies, processes and practices into daily operations in accordance to SBR six sections of ethics and accountability.
- Mission, Strategy and Evaluation
- Leadership: Board, Staff and Volunteers
- Legal Compliance & Ethics
- Finance & Operations
- Resource Development
- Public Awareness, Engagement & Advocacy
- Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision.
- Assist Marketing Director with event administration and production
- 3-5 years of office management and/or human resources experience
- Experience with event management and coordination
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking.
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. You must clearly indicate the role title in your submission.
Only applicants being interviewed will be contacted. All replies will be treated with the highest level of discretion. The Bel Air Downtown Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.
Click here to download the PDF file.