We are facing unprecedented times in our country. Many events have been postponed and cancelled. The Bel Air Downtown Alliance, the host of the Maryland State BBQ Bash, is vigilant and aware of the continuing developments involving COVID-19. We are also maintaining a leadership role in assisting our members and community to push through this crisis.
Our staff is working diligently and proceeding with planning the BBQ Bash logistics at this time. The applications have all opened, and we’re actively recruiting vendors for all the categories.
We’ve established protocols for all our partners to ensure transparency and smooth coordination. On July 1st, we will have a final decision to proceed, postpone, or cancel the 2020 MD State BBQ Bash. In the event that the event is postponed, the new date will be October 9th and 10th, 2020. You will have several options on how to react to a cancellation or postponement, outlined below.
Please note that funds raised by the BBQ Bash are essential to the operations of the Alliance – it is by far our largest fundraiser of the year. We have responsibly built up a reserve fund to help us weather this storm but any additional assistance you could provide would be a tremendous help.
Please continue visiting our website at downtownbelair.com and our Facebook page through the MD State BBQ Bash and the Bel Air Downtown Alliance.
KCBS, Tailgate, Food Vendors, Crafters:
Space Reservation Policy
- Due to high demand for participation in the MD State BBQ Bash, we are unable to hold spots unless a payment is processed. Please note, that our organization has established protocols to best meet the needs of our participants.
Cancellation Policy / Postponement:
If the MD State BBQ Bash is canceled or postponed (July 1 decision deadline), and the party is unable to attend the event, the following options will be available:
- The ability to use your fee as entry to the “rain date” Oct 9 and 10 event if the Bash is postponed
- A full refund issued in 30 days;
- The ability to convert the 2020 payment into a donation to the Bel Air Downtown Alliance. Donations can be made by notifying the Alliance directly or having your payment become a direct donation after 30 days of being notified of changes to the event.
In order to receive a refund for your funds, please submit a written request to email@example.com within 30 days of cancelation notice.
Commitment Date & First Right of Refusal:
We would love for you to return as a sponsor for the 2020 Maryland State BBQ Bash. Returning sponsors have the First Right of First Refusal included with their 2019 sponsorship. We understand that decisions are being made based on the progression of COVID-19, which is why we’re extending the payment commitment deadline to May 22nd. We can certainly hold your tentative commitment until the commitment deadline while you make your decision.
In the event that the 2020 BBQ Bash is canceled, we have three options to help you understand what you are eligible to do with your funds:
- The ability to transfer your Sponsorship fee to the “rain date” of Oct 9 and 10 if the Bash is postponed.
- You will be eligible to receive a full refund of your sponsorship within 30 days if the event is canceled. In the event that you’re requesting a refund, please notify us in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days.
- You are able to make a full or partial donation to the Bel Air Downtown Alliance, to support with the overall operating of the organization. In return, you will receive a 2020 membership, plus being mentioned on our social media and website.