Do you cook the best steak in your neighbourhood? Are you the king of your cul-de-sac? Bring your backyard skills to an SCA sanctioned cookoff and compete for cash, trophies, prizes at a one day event. Most SCA steak cookoffs feature a $1000 first place prize and typically will pay the top ten places in the steak category! The SCA’s primary focus is STEAK, but we also conduct ancillary categories to challenge cookers and involve the entire family. Our goal is to create a fun relaxed environment and a fair competition. It’s about cooking, not who has the most money. The promoters of SCA events provide all the steaks, to ensure a level playing field. Our double blind judging process adds to the integrity and the best cook wins. SCA events are family friendly and it’s common to see the entire family participating. We’ve had husbands and wives create their own teams to compete against each other, even father and sons, and sometimes three generations competing at the same event . If you have a passion for grilling and the great outdoors sign up for an event today. You will meet a great group of people that soon become friends and you too will use #SCAFAMILY.
9am – 2pm
August 14, 2021
Plenty of parking is available throughout Downtown Bel Air. All parking is free in Downtown Bel Air on weekends and after 5pm on weekdays. Click here to see where you can park.
Event is weather permitting. In the case of bad weather, the event will be cancelled.
COVID-19 Related Information
Due to COVID-19, our staff will be working hard to ensure you have a pleasing and safe experience at the event. Please read the measures below prior to your visit:
- Personal Protective Equipment: The Market will have hand sanitizer stations in multiple areas of the premises. Please be sure to use the stations upon entering and exiting the market for your safety.
- No Gatherings: Due to the CDC guidelines, gatherings will not be permitted at the Market. Proper social distancing should be practiced while with members of your party, and other market visitors.
- No Pets: To ensure the safety of both visitors and pets, pets will not be allowed at the market until further notice.
- Entry/Exit: There will be one entrance and one exit. Additionally, to ensure the safety of both vendors and visitors, there will directional signage outlining the walking traffic pattern.
- Face Coverings: Face coverings and masks are recommended, but not required.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation as we take safety measures to protect you and others from COVID-19.